Here’s how to mute those Instagram Story spammers
Welcome toÂ TNW Basics, a collection of tips, guides, and advice on how to easily get the most out of your gadgets, apps, and other stuff.
Iâm not a huge fan of Instagram accounts posting lengthy strings of Stories each day. It clogs my feed, makes it tougher to scroll back and forth between Stories, and generally aggravates me. In fact, I hate Story spamming so much Iâve had to unfollow some of my favorite accounts.
That is until I found out about âmutingâ Stories.
Hereâs how to do it:
- Open Instagram and scroll to the Story carousel.
- Find the account whose Stories you want to mute, and press and hold on it for a couple of seconds.
- You should see this notice:
- Click âMute.âÂ Youâll now have the option to mute the accountâs Stories (and posts, if youâd like that).
Thereâs also another way of muting stories. Hereâs how it works:
- Click on the account you want to mute.
- Click on the âFollowingâ button to open the drop-down menu.
- Head to the âMuteâ setting.
- Tick âStories.â
All muted accounts will now show up at the end of the Stories carousel. In case you change your mind, you can press and hold on them to unmute them.
Alternatively, you can also unmute an account by following these steps:
- Open the account youâve muted.
- Click on theÂ âFollowingâ button to open the drop-down menu.
- Head to the âMuteâ menu.
- Untick the mute option for âStories.â
There you go â you now have two ways to get rid of Story spammers on your Instagram feed.