Here are the six startups participating in Betaworks LiveCamp – TechCrunch
Betaworks this morning revealed this list of six startups participating in its fourth Camp accelerator program. Launched in 2016, the program brings together a collection of young companies united under a single theme.
This time out, things are focused on live-streaming, for a program fittingly titled, LiveCamp. Betaworks settled on the topic based on the popularity of apps like Twitch and HQ Trivia. It’s admittedly a bit more nebulous than past topics like BotCamp, VoiceCamp and VisionCamp.
“When first settling on our next Camp program we knew that ‘live’ as a category would be a bit harder to define than our previous themes like voice-computing and augmented reality,” Betaworks’ Peter Rojas told TechCrunch, “but while these companies may each be building a wildly different product, they all share a common theme of bringing people together in real time for a shared experience.”
Betaworks has put together a nice little package for the half-dozen winners, including an 11-week in-house bootcamp and $200K per company. In addition, Betaworks will receive 8 percent common stock from each.
It’s a fittingly diverse array of companies, running the gamut from gaming to meditation to here’s the latest batch:
- Bunch: An app that lets users play games over video chat, from HQ to Flappy Bird.
- Cityrow Go: On-demand streaming of exercise — kind of a Peloton, but for rowing courses.
- Content Flow: Live video streaming technology company, with a proprietary player.
- Cultural Genesis: A digital gaming remix studio from Santa Monica, California.
- Ghost Commander: A hybrid theater/gaming experience that lets users impact narrative structure.
- Journey Meditation: On-demand and live-streamed meditation courses.