Amazon rolls out early Prime Day deals on devices including Fire TV Recast, services and more – TechCrunch
In addition to expanding Prime Day to a two-day long sale event, taking place on July 15-16, Amazon today announced it’s kicking things off with early Prime Day sales across a range of devices and services. The pre-sale includes discounts on the Fire TV Recast, Ring Video Doorbell, and Echo Dot — the latter a perennial best seller during past Prime Day events and holiday sales. The retailer is also discounting services like Amazon Music, Prime Video, Kindle Unlimited, Audible and more.
The Fire TV Recast is the leading deal today. At $100 off, the now $129.99 Fire TV device is at its lowest price to date. The Recast offers everything you’d get with Fire TV plus the ability to hook up to an antenna to watch and record live TV. It’s a good deal for cord cutters who prefer to watch over-the-air TV for free, without paying for a TiVo subscription or a streaming TV service, like Hulu’s, YouTube TV, Sling TV or others.
In addition, Amazon says on July 8, the bundle with the Ring doorbell and Echo Dot will drop to $169.
Device deals often help to power Amazon Prime Day, as the retailer is known for slashing prices on its own hardware to cost or even lower. But already, Amazon’s top-seller the Echo Dot is listed at $24.99 — so how much lower can it go, unless Amazon just starts throwing a free Dot in with every Prime Day order?
Echo and Echo Plus are also already affordable at $69.99 and $149.99, respectively, as are the Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick 4K, at $39.99 and $49.99.
Meanwhile, the other early Prime Day deals those that seem designed to entice shoppers while they’re already on the site — but they’re not all necessarily outrageous enough to actually bring in traffic by themselves. And others were already underway ahead of today.
For example, Amazon in late June started giving away 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99, as well as 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for free, and a year of Audible for $119.50 (or $4.95/month for 3 months), with an Echo Dot thrown in.
These deals were again touted today, along with others.
The remaining deals include:
- Prime Video: 50% off select movie rentals
- Twitch Prime: an exclusive Legend and weapon skins for Apex Legends, and content from multiple EA Sports titles. (announced on Friday)
- Amazon Fashion: save up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger select clothing and shoes; up to 70% savings on Seafolly Australia Swimwear; up to 50% savings on athletic shoes from Reebok, Puma, and others; up to 30% savings on kid’s and baby styles from Gerber, The Children’s Place, and more
- Amazon Brands: up to 50% off women’s activewear from Amazon Essentials, Core 10 and Starter, up to 40% on men’s shirts from Goodthreads, Buttoned Down and Amazon Essentials, up to 30% on women’s styles from Daily Ritual, up to 20% off furniture and décor from Rivet, Stone & Beam, and Ravenna Home, up to 20% off AmazonBasics, and up to 30% off everyday essentials from Solimo, Presto!, and Happy Belly, among others.
- Prime Now: Save up to 40% on Amazon’s two-hour delivery service. Plus, new Prime Now customers can receive $15 off their order of $35 or more. (The same deal is available for AmazonFresh)
- Prime Book Box: 30% off the first box ($13.99)
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: If approved, members receive an $80 gift card that is added directly to their Amazon.com Gift Card balance
- Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star: $10 Amazon.com Gift Card on a purchase of $50 or more throughout the store (beginning July 6)
- Amazon Pay: gift card with purchase (offers vary)
- Amazon Handmade products: Save up to 30%
- Whole Foods Market: From July 3 – July 16, get a $10 Prime Day credit when you spend at least $10 in store